The self storage industry is much younger than many folks suspect. Nowadays it’s not too hard to find a storage facility or two in any given town, but just a handful of years ago they were quite rare.
The industry’s youth has led to some interesting growing pains for both large corporations and private facility owners. Successes and failures are still surprising and unpredictable at times. Relationships between facility owners and tenants, private business and big time monopolies, personal websites and online aggregators, are all in flux.
This upcoming ebook is designed to provide a few touchstones for current and prospective self storage owners. These lessons can entertain, inform, and even save individuals in the self storage business.
We Want Your Story!
While the owners of DAK Self Storage could provide quite a few stories on their own, the power of this kind of ebook comes from diversity. Through social media sites like facebook, Self Storage Talk, Twitter, and more we’ve come to recognize the experience and expertise of many interesting owners across the nation. What we REALLY want is stories from all over, including yours.
Operating a facility can lead to interesting encounters with tenants, local businesses, construction contractors, and more. Sometimes owners learn an explicit lesson while dealing with these external factors, other times the sheer weight of operating a business alone is what provides the education.
We want to hear a story or piece of advice from you. To get you started, consider the following questions:
- Is there a specific piece of advice you would give to an up and coming facility owner?
- Is there an event that happened to you which really taught you a lesson?
- Were you taken by surprise by a certain kind of tenant behavior? What happened?
- Did you encounter trouble with other local businesses? How did you resolve it?
- Was constructing your storage facility particularly daunting at any phase? How did you get through it?
- Was the burden of operating your facility more than you expected? How so?
- Is there one business mistake you made that you wish you could take back?
- If you could come up with a cardinal sin or must-do commandment for self storage ownership, what would it (or they) be?
What You Get For Your Submission
This ebook will be completely free for download by any self storage enthusiast. As such, we will not be making any money off of your story. Each accepted submission will receive the following:
- An ‘about the author’ blurb, describing you and your business
- An active hyperlink in the ebook back to your website, increasing through traffic and adding seo value
- A mention and hyperlink in the ebook blog post and permanent page on DAK Self Storage
- Publication credit for your personal resume
How to Submit Your Story or Advice
Submission is easy and can be done in multiple ways. The first method is through email contact. Simply reach out to us at email@example.com. Include your name, business, and website. After that simply include the content of your advice or story.
The second method is through the following contact form. Just fill in the fields and click submit (These go directly to us and involve no hidden sign ups):
[contact-form-7 id=”2325″ title=”ebook”]
The third method is through the comment form on this blog post. Scroll down to the end of this page and submit your name, email address, and then content.
We really look forward to hearing from you and will keep you posted as the ebook progresses!